Got your own backyard barbecue planned this weekend for Memorial Day? Then check out this recipe for Chef Gordon Maybury's iBURGER, one of the most-ordered dishes at Ironwood Steak & Seafood and iBAR at PGA National Resort & Spa.
In honor of the upcoming Inaugural Craft Beer Festival and Burger Bash they're hosting, I talked him into sharing his "secret" recipe for this mouth-watering burger. Guess it's not a secret anymore! Be sure to check out my latest post to learn more about their fun culinary event taking place June 16. In the meantime, get to grillin' this weekend!
12 oz ground beef brisket
12 oz ground chuck
8 oz ground short rib
8 oz au poivre sauce
8 slices Nueske bacon
4 brioche buns
Red onion, sliced
1. Preheat a griddle to medium high heat.
2. Mix ground beef until blended in a large mixing bowl; season with salt and pepper. Separate into four balls and flatten into 1” thick patties.
3. Place patties on hot griddle, cooking for approximately three minutes per side for medium-rare, four minutes per side for medium; pour 2 oz au poivre over burgers, allow to soak in, 30 seconds
4. Top burgers with 2 slices of bacon.
5. Butter buns with garlic butter and toast on. (THIS MUST BE THE SECRET!!!)
6. Before adding the burger and top bun from the grill layer the bottom bun with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and red onion. Serve immediately.