Longing for funnel cakes and miniature golf? A stretch of sand so crowded you can barely find a place to plunk down your beach towel? T-shirt shops with tired sayings?
If so, cross Port St. Joe’s WindMark Beach off your list, because it doesn’t have any of those things. What the Northwest Florida destination does have is an abundance of natural, soul-soothing beauty, sugar-white-sand and clear, emerald colored waters.
Check out my little flick of the paradise and you’ll be packing your beach bag before the tide comes in.
This video was shot with my KODAK Zx1 Pocket Video Camera.
I said it’s peaceful, not boring! While in Port St. Joe, you should:
· Scoop up some scallops. No, not off of your dinner plate -- I’m talking about snagging the live critters right out of St. Joseph’s Bay.
· Hook into some fishing fun. The area is renowned for its hungry underwater populations.
· Splash over to Cape San Blas for a horseback ride on the beach with Two-bit Stable.
· Explore pristine St. Joseph Bay via kayak or canoe with Happy Ours.
· Feast at Provisions, a hidden gem in Port St. Joe that will leave your tummy smiling.
· Enjoy a beverage with the friendly folks at the Thirsty Goat.
· Snooze at the historic Port Inn. It features comfy beds, an abundance of soft pillows to snuggle and a free, sumptuous breakfast.
· Repeat until your soul is soothed…