What to Do in Perdido Key for Families
By Jill Martin
- It’s really inexpensive (especially compared to other beach towns)
- 61% of the island is protected park land
- It’s an authentic, ‘Old Florida’ beach experience
- Snow-white beaches
- Crystal-blue waters
- Perdido Key means ‘Lost Key’ in Spanish – and it really is!
- Bridges link Perdido Key to Florida’s mainland so it's off the beaten path
- Average annual temperature? A balmy 75Ë?
- A whopping 343 days of sunshine each year
Sounds great, but what to do in Perdido Key?
- Ride a Ferris Wheel
- Search for sea shells and sand dollars
- Do hands-on science with your kids at the Gulf Coast Emporium
- Watch the dolphin show at the Ft. Walton Beach Gulfarium
- Ride a lady bug at the state-of-the-art Perdido Kids Park
- Go crabbing at Little Lagoon Pass
- Float down the lazy river at Sam’s Fun City
- Witness a sea turtle hatching
- Visit Gulf Island National Seashore
- Hike a nature trail