Relax & Unwind at the InterContinental Spa in Miami
By Kara Franker
For a unique and relaxing spa experience, visit mySpa at the InterContinental Miami in the heart of downtown.
The sophisticated urban spa features more than 50 rejuvinating treatments that blend ancient healing techniques with scientific innovations. The spa in Miami features:
- 10 spa treatment rooms
- SpaJet2 hydro capsule
- mySpa Beauty Bar
- Fully equipped fitness studio featuring Technogym cardio theater, free weights, strength and conditioning equipment
- Private locker rooms with steam, sauna, drench shower, personal care items, spacious lockers
- Men and women’s relaxation lounges featuring healthy elixirs and snacks
- Spa boutique
One particularly notable spa treatment is the Rainforest experience. The 80-minute treatment includes a deeply relaxing full body massage and an aromatherapy ritual. A therapist will use seven essential oils, each with their own unique benefit, and drizzled them along the spine for a heavenly experience. The entire process -- including warm stones, reflexology, Thai stretching and traditional Swedish massage -- is meant to stimulate the body’s natural healing process through the central nervous system.
Healing oils include:
- Basil: to stimulate blood circulation
- Thyme: to reduce muscle tension
- Wintergreen: to relieve joint problems
- Cypress: to detoxify
- Marjoram: to calm anxiety
- Clary Sage: to lift the spirit
- Peppermint: to relieve pain
Here are a few tips from the spa directors:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early to enjoy the steam and sauna and to relax the muscles for the massage and begin the detoxification process.
- Eat a small meal prior to the massage, but nothing too heavy.
- Consider enhancing the massage experience with a body wrap to further assist in relieving muscle tension.
- Drink plenty of water after the massage and schedule relaxing, low energy events.
If you go...
The InterContinental Miami is located at 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami, FL 33131. The Raindrop spa treatment starts at $185. Call (305) 372-4444 or visit myspamiami.com for more info and to book your spa treatment.