One time a few years ago, I was sitting in a store waiting for the missus. As always, I carried a book with me and was content to pass the time reading. A man walked past me and said, “There’s a very rich man…”
And he said it again.
When I realized he was talking about me, I asked what he meant. He said that anytime you can be content without a lot of material items, you are a very rich person.
That made me feel great and I’ve never forgotten it.
If you read, you’re a rich person, too. And you’re about to become even richer. Between Mar. 8-17, Florida libraries are hosting multiple events to encourage reading. Here’s a quick snapshot
• BookMania 2014! – March 8 in Martin County
• Lake County Reading Festival – March 10 -15 – Mount Dora area
• Southwest Florida Reading Festival – Saturday, March 15 in Fort Myers
• Literary Feast – March 15-17 in Fort Lauderdale (featuring South Beach Diet Dr. Arthur Agatston, Robin Cook, Martha Grimes, Marley & Me’s John Grogan, playwright/singer Rupert Holmes).
• University of Central Florida Book Festival – April 5
Reading is good. Events like this are good multiplied.