Planning the ultimate marriage proposal? With so many romantic destinations across the state, Florida is the perfect place to pop the question. We’ve created a list of creative options to help you start planning the big moment.
1. Seaplane in the Florida Keys - Get whisked away via seaplane and ask for her hand in marriage while you’re suspended in the air with the crystal clear water below. Contact Key West Seaplanes to make it happen.
2. Kayaking Around the Jupiter Inlet - Rent a kayak for two from the Jupiter Outdoor Center and paddle around the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse until the moment is right. Just make sure you hold on tight to that ring. Or wait until you’re safely ashore across the inlet at The Square Grouper Tiki Bar.
3. Sandpearl on Clearwater Beach - Plant the ring in a seashell and have delivered along with two glasses of champagne poolside at the Sandpearl Resort.
4. Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom - Treat her like a princess and escort her to a dinner fit for royalty. The engagement planning staff at Disney will help you plan every last detail.
5. Horse-drawn Carriage Ride in Historic St. Augustine - Cuddle up on a carriage ride and enjoy the sites of the nation’s oldest city. Contact Country Carriages.
6. Zip Line in Central Florida - Is she an adventure junkie? Located in Ocala, Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours will get her heart racing. The rest is up to you.
7. Hot Air Balloon Ride - Wait for the perfect moment when you’re suspended 2,000 feet above the ground. Florida Balloon Rides has pilots all over the state and can offer you a variety of launch destinations.
8. Yacht in Fort Lauderdale - Take her to the “Yachting Capital of the World” and set sail on your own private yacht. The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show happens each fall.
9. Bern’s Steakhouse in Tampa - Nothing says “I love you” like a nice cut of filet mignon, a good bottle of wine and trip to the Harry Waugh Dessert Room. Do it up at Bern’s Steakhouse.
10. Picnic at Lover’s Key - Sometimes the simplest moments are the most romantic. Pack a picnic lunch for two and head over to Lover’s Key State Park in Fort Myers.
11. Cape Florida Lighthouse on Key Biscayne - Wind your way up the steps at the Bill Baggs Cape Florida Lighthouse. The views at the top will take your breath away.
12. Miami Heat Game - Are you two crazy about NBA basketball? Propose on the big screen during a Miami Heat home game at American Airlines Arena.
13. Sunset Cruise on Captiva Island - Sunset on a boat…enough said. Contact Jensen’s Marina to set it up.
14. Golf Course at TPC Sawgrass - Get down on one knee on the golf course at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach.
15. Bed & Breakfast in Destin - Pop the question then enjoy the panoramic ocean views from the beachfront deck of the Henderson Park Inn.
16. Art Walk on Delray Beach - Stroll hand-in-hand through the Pineapple Grove Arts District in downtown Delray Beach.
18. Swans at Lake Eola Park - Paddle out onto Lake Eola near downtown Orlando and find yourself surrounded by dozens of black and white swans. It’s magical.
19. Rooftop Bar on Pass-a-Grille - At the Hurricane on St. Pete Beach order a round of brightly colored rum drinks and make sure they have one of those cute little umbrellas. Wait for sunset, then let it rip.
20. Private Villa on Aly’s Beach - Book a private vacation villa at Aly’s Beach, located near Seaside on Scenic Highway 30A.
21. Secluded Island in the Keys - Only accessible by boat or seaplane, cast off to Little Palm Island Resort & Spa to find your private paradise together.
22. Bike Week on Daytona Beach - Got yourself a motorcycle momma? Surprise her with a spring break trip to Daytona Beach for Bike Week.
23. Spa at The Ritz-Carlton - Book a couple’s spa day at any one of the nine Ritz-Carlton properties in the Sunshine State.
24. Home Football Game at FSU - Take a trip to Tallahassee, don your garnet and gold and cheer on the Seminoles together. Maybe your proposal will bring them good luck and another BCS Championship.
25. Louie’s Backyard in Key West - Spectacular seafood, excellent cocktails, romantic ambience and drop-dead gorgeous water views. Let’s just say Louie’s Backyard is not your average backyard. Click here for more proposal ideas in Key West from VISIT FLORIDA Smart Travel Insider, Dalia Colon.
26. On the Beach: Anywhere in Florida - It works like a charm.
Have you witnessed or experienced the perfect marriage proposal in Florida? We want to hear about it! Post your story on the VISIT FLORIDA Entertainment & Luxury’s Insider Facebook Page.