Playa Largo Resort & Spa is set to open on Key Largo in the summer of 2015, the first new full-service resort to be built on Key Largo in 20 years.
Inspired by Key Largo’s ecosystem and natural beauty, the new luxury resort will sit on 14.5 waterfront acres. I couldn’t help but want to get a sneak-peek at the progress, so I went to a lovely sunset soiree held on the property. And here's a shot I took of the sun sinking into the horizon...
The Playa Largo Resort & Spa is the brainchild of Prime Hospitality Group and Shaner Hotels. The resort is the newest addition to the Marriott’s Autograph Collection.
- 154 luxury rooms
- 10 private bungalows and a stand-alone beach house
- Several on-site restaurants and a tropical tiki bar
- Waterfront pool and private beach
- Full-service spa, salon and fitness center
- 6,000 square-foot ballroom
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Kids activity center
- Nature learning center
Here are a few renderings that show what the resort will look like when finished.