Think you got game? Time to put your tennis skills to the test at The Ritz-Carlton on March 24, 2015.
Super stars like Serena Williams, Kei Nishikori and Chris Evert and Ana Ivanovic want you to take your best shot. And it's all for a good cause.
Each year the Miami Open tennis tournament takes over Miami's most idyllic tropical island -- Key Biscayne. All of the hottest names in tennis will compete March 23-April 5, 2015 at idyllic Crandon Park. And during this year's tournament a few of the top pros are returning to The Ritz-Carlton to play against a few lucky and courageous individuals.
Check out this video from last year's event:
Who's Going to Be There:
Led by Grand Slam legend and Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale, along with Tennis Director Mark Chellas and ESPN tennis analyst Darren Cahill, who all share court time and commentary throughout the event and Round Robin, the all-star lineup features:
- Serena Williams, currently ranked number one single’s women player in the world and 17 time Grand Slam winner.
- Kei Nishikori, ranked number five in the world is the only male Japanese tennis player ever to be ranked inside the top 10 in ATP singles ranking. Recently featured on the cover of the January issue of Time Magazine.
- Chris Evert, former number one singles player in the world and winner of 18 Grand Slams and three doubles titles.
- Ana Ivanovic, former number one singles player in the world and winner of the French Open.
- Marion Bartoli, Martina Hingis and Mary Joe Fernandez, along with Latin American pros Santiago Giraldo, Juan (Pico) Monaco and Feliciano Lopez.
Think you've got what it takes? You can enter the competition, too. Only 24 entries are available and remember it all benefits a good cause. Proceeds from the event will support First Serve Miami, an organization that helps economically and socially challenged youth learn life skills.
When: Tuesday. March 24, 2015 from 2 to 6 p.m. Includes a cocktail reception provided by Finlandia Vodka Herradura Tequila, wine by Nuestro Tiempo Malbec, passed hors d’oeuvres, exhibition matches with the top stars, a pro Round Robin, a “King of the Court” challenge match pitting the pros against the amateur Round Robin winners and more.
VIP All Access Pass ($5,000): You get one player entry in the Round Robin tournament, 15 minutes of guaranteed playing time against and alongside the top pros, VIP courtside seating, gift bags and individual meet-and-greet photo opportunity.
Other Ticket Options Include:
- $1,500 per person includes entry to a Round Robin tournament, guaranteed hitting time against and alongside the top pros, VIP seating, gift bag and group photo opportunity.
- $750 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, VIP seating, gift bag and court time and participation with Drysdale, Chellas, Cahill and top ATP players to qualify for two spots, giving local players the chance of a lifetime to play out points with the leading tennis pros.
- $90 per person provides spectators tickets to view the exhibitions, quaff champagne and nosh hors d’oeuvres while they watch all the action.
Book the Ultimate Tennis Dream Vacation at The Ritz-Carlton
Valid March 23-27, rates start from $5,999 and include:
- VIP access to the All-Star Tennis Charity Event on March 18th with guaranteed hitting time and meet-n-greet with the top pros
- Box seats to Sony Open for two
- Overnight accommodations in an oceanfront suite with breakfast daily
- Adult tennis clinic for two and one house private tennis lesson for two
- Airport transfers
- Champagne upon arrival and a welcome amenity
If you go...
The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center is located at The Ritz-Carlton: 455 Grand Bay Dr, Key Biscayne, FL 33149. Start at $95 for spectators and go up to $5,000 for VIP players. Purchase tickets by calling (305) 365-4300 or contacting Mark Chellas at Mark.Chellas@ritzcarlton.com.