Located just south of Naples on Florida’s Paradise Coast, Marco Island is a tropical oasis surrounded by thousands of tiny islands and archipelagos. It’s a family-friendly island with a wealth of natural beauty and opportunities to explore.
One of favorite places to stay is the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa. The hotel has something for everyone — families, business travelers or couples looking for a romantic getaway.
Five fun things to do while visiting Marco Island:
1. Walk along the sandy shoreline and hunt for the perfect seashell. The Paradise Coast is famous for its shell-laden beaches.
2. Get adventurous and book a waverunner tour of Ten Thousand Islands, where you could see dolphins, manatees and sea turtles. Tours at Marco Island Water Sports leave right from the beach at the Marriott’s property.
3. Hit the pool or a hammock for some R&R. Or indulge in a little pampering and book a therapeutic massage at the Marco Island Marriott Spa. There’s also a private spa pool that provides a tranquil place to rest and catch some rays.
4. Set sail aboard a six-passenger catamaran as a captain escorts you on a two-and-a-half hour unforgettable journey along the shimmering Gulf of Mexico.
5. Head to Quinn’s on the Beach for the nightly fire-dancer show at sunset. Watch for the Green Flash; supposedly on certain nights a flash of green light will race across the sky as the sun makes its final decent into the horizon.