Planning a beach trip? You’re going to need a place to stash your stuff. Here are some beach bag basics that might not have occurred to you.
Your bag should:
- Close securely. This will help keep sand outside and things like car keys inside.
- Be brightly colored. An easy-to-spot bag will make it less tempting for someone to steal.
- Be sturdy.
Stuff the bag with essentials such as:
- Sunscreen. Apply it often! The Sunshine State rays pack a powerful punch.
- Change of clothes
- At least a little cash
- Lots of water
- Books, a Frisbee or a ball and a small first-aid kit are also smart ideas
A few hints:
- Freeze your water for an hour before you go.
- The items in your beach bag will stay much more sand-free if you put them plastic bags.
- Sanitizing hand wipes will come in handy before eating those snacks you brought.