With 2013 off to an amazing start, it's time to make sure we're sticking to those New Year's resolutions. I caught up with the spa experts at the Bonaventure Resort & Spa and they gave me their top 10 health and beauty tips for the year.
Check out these first five tips today and you'll get the next five tomorrow:
1. According to Yucell, a senior massage therapist at the spa, 15 minutes in the steam room prior to your service will warm up your muscles and prepare you for the ultimate tension release.
2. Green tea is a natural source of antioxidants. Enjoying a glass daily will help to upkeep the health of your skin between your Sea C Spa facials, a powerful antioxidant treatment that acts as a damage eraser, protecting the skin from free radicals and increasing collagen synthesis.
3. If you are a fan of gel nail lacquer, Rose and Maria suggest booking some extra time to soak your nails before your manicure to ensure a seamless finished product.
4. Christopher, the Bonaventure's master stylist and colorist, believes that healthy hair begins with a quality home care system. Pureology, a 100 percent vegan hair care line, uses a concentrated zerosulfate and anti-fade complex to help color-treated hair retain its salon vibrancy while still customizing the line for every hair type.
5. Yoga is defined as the steady control of the senses and body, which leads to a supreme state of wellness. Satya, one of the Bonaventure's yoga instructors, believes that nightly meditation in conjunction with her Amrit yoga classes at the spa, will enhance your personal state of well being.
If you go: The Bonaventure Resort & Spa is located in the greater Fort Lauderdale area. To book your spa appointment call (954) 349-5500 and for more info visit them online.