In this final installation of our spa relaxation series, here are three more ways to lower stress and enjoy yourself again from Susan Holbrook, Spa Director at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes.
7. Practice Yoga
Practicing the postures, breathing exercises and meditation makes you healthier in body, mind and spirit. Relieve stress, increase flexibility, strength and posture and increase your overall good health.
Exercising with a friend or a group of people can help make it more fun and keep you motivated to continue with a regular exercise routine.
8. Ankle-Strenthening Exercise
High heels can be a real pain! Take your shoes off and draw the ABC's in the air with your foot. This exercise will strengthen the ankle, and the rotation and movement will draw blood into the foot.
How to do the exercise:
- Take your shoes off and while keeping your heel on the ground, lift the ball of your foot off the ground as high as you can.
- Lower your foot and repeat.
- Put a thick rubber band (like one that goes around broccoli) around the big toe joint on each foot.
- Place your feet on the floor while sitting and "pull" your toes away from each other.
Must-do: get a monthly pedicure.
9. The Spa Diva Retreat at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando
The activities we engage in with friends usually help us relax, and It boosts the immune system, which is often depleted during stress. Get together with friends or family for a spa day and reserve a package such as The Spa Diva Retreat at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grand Lakes.
The $435 package includes:
- Custom Massage - 50 minutes
- Tailored Facial - 50 minutes
- Martini Manicure/Pedicure - 90 minutes
- $25 Credit for Lunch in Vitale