Want to know the secret to a stress-free life? I asked an expert in relaxation and luxury spas to break it down into easy steps.
Here are three ways to lower stress and enjoy yourself again from Susan Holbrook, Spa Director at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes.
1. Lavender Relaxation Techniques
Lavender helps calm the nervous system and helps to induce drowsiness for those who have challenges falling asleep.
- Run a warm bath and add aromatherapy oils such as lavender or chamomile, light a few candles and dim the lighting,
- Play some of your favorite relaxing tunes,
- Lock the door and shut our everyone, including the husband (unless, of course, he's bringing you a glass of wine),
- Relax and try deep-breathing exercises,
- Drink lavender tea prior to sleeping at night.
Also, make sure to visit our spa and choose an essential oil lavender massage to reduce stress and tension.
2. Spa in Your Pantry
In our spa, we mix herbs from the eco garden with Himalayan salts and your choice of aromatherapy to create a wonderful scrub to eliminate dry, dull skin and assist in reducing cellulite.
To create your own personal body scrub at home, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 tbs of salt, or fresh ground coffee. (Caffeine is good for the reduction of the appearance of cellulite).
- 1 tsp of fresh-squeezed citrus juice: orange, lemon, lime. (Citrus is detoxifying)
- 1 tbs olive oil (moisturizing)
Mix them all together for a soothing scrub experience.
3. At-home Honey Beauty Mask for Dry Skin
This egg and honey beauty mask is a great facial treatment for acne sufferers and dry skin.
- 1 raw egg
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Splash of milk
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil