Miami is a feast for the senses: Feel the warm breeze on your skin. Taste the sweet guava pastries. Smell the strong Cuban coffee wafting through the air. See the pastel-colored Art Deco buildings.
And hear the music as diverse as South Florida’s people themselves.
Whether you’re surfing the web for airfare deals, packing your suitcase or cruising down Ocean Drive, these 15 songs will put you in the Miami mood.
- Pitbull - Welcome to Miami. The self-proclaimed “Mr. 305” is a staple on every Miami playlist.
- Owl City - Swimming in Miami. A quirky, electronic-sounding jam that’s the perfect soundtrack for, well, swimming in Miami.
- Taking Back Sunday - Miami. 'Nuff said.
- Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine - Conga. Those horns. That beat. Like Gloria herself, this ‘80s hit never gets old.
- U2 - Miami. The Irish rockers pay homage to South Florida’s sun, sand, “cigars and big hair.”
- Flo Rida - We Already Won. South Florida's NBA team no longer has LeBron, but this rapper and Sunshine State native is betting on the Heat.
- Betty Wright - Miami Groove. A little something for the grown folks.
- Desi Arnaz - Bada$$ Babalu. A write-in suggestion from Off the Beaten Path Insider Gary McKechnie. I'm not mad at that.
- Counting Crows - Miami. A mid-tempo number for when you’re sipping mimosas after a long, fun night.
- Will Smith - Miami. You knew this was coming.
- DJ Khaled - All I Do Is Win. The prolific hitmaker has produced many of the singles that are in heavy rotation in the clubs; pay him respect by throwing up your hands to this anthem.
- Enrique Iglesias - Bailando. As the lyrics suggest, this catchy Spanish dance hit by the suave Miami resident is the perfect soundtrack for una noche loca -- a crazy night.
- Nelly - Hot in Herre. This song has been around for more than a decade, but it still holds up.
- C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now). In case you haven't figured it out by now, Florida gets hot.
- Blues Brothers - Going Back to Miami. Because that’s just what you’ll want to do.