Well, I ain’t never seen nothin’ like it.
I was in Live Oak recently to attend Wanee, perhaps the most popular music festival held at Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park. Not only was the park far larger than anything I expected, the range of acts, the variety of stages, the number of vendors, and the amount of people that were here was phenomenal. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Here are some facts about SoS:
• The world’s largest bat house is at SoS.
• Performers have included Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, and the Allman Brothers.
• You can become a member of the SoS – and receive special perks and privileges.
• The Music Park covers approximately 800 acres on the shores of the Suwannee River.
• There are 600 campsites, modern cabins, along with swimming in the Suwannee River, horseback riding, and a craft village.
• Each Saturday at 6 p.m., musicians can jam in the Pickin’ Shed.
• Each year, Spirit of the Suwannee presents more than 30 events, ranging from bluegrass festivals to kids’ music camps to trail rides to Civil War re-enactments and gospel sings.
The video should be up soon, but if you’d like to visit what many fans believe is Florida’s best outdoor concert venue, then check out their website and concert calendar at Spirit of the Suwannee in lovely Live Oak (about 90 minutes east of Tallahassee off I-10).