Orlando is certainly not off the beaten path, but I thought this quirky event was worth a mention.
On Saturday, October 5, about 30 restaurants are going to participate in the first ever Festival of Bacon at Festival Park in downtown Orlando. What’s in it for you? Well, the organizers are going to be giving away 30,000 samples of bacon – and not just the kind you see sitting on your breakfast plate. There’ll be, dig this:
● Bacon Packed, Wrapped, and Filled
● Best Bacon (and other) Competitions
● Bacon Games and Activities
● Bacon Beer
● Best Bacon Cocktail
● MORE BACON!
● FREE 4 Hour Night Train Trip Raffle
● Whiskey Row Whiskey Sampling Section
● EVEN MORE BACON!
Plus live music, kids games and activities, televised college football, proceeds that help non-profits – and plenty more.
For tickets and more information, visit www.festivalofbacon.com.