Nothing is quite like a visit to the World Golf Hall of Fame, but its online front door has recently been redesigned and is a great complement to the St. Augustine golf mecca.
You can learn more about the experience of a visit, from the golf simulator to the putting course to the Member Locker Room (my favorite), view highlights of previous induction ceremonies, shop for memorabilia and look up information on every Hall of Famer. For Jack Nicklaus, for instance, you can read about his accomplishments, check out some photos and even get connected to him via Facebook and Twitter. Very cool.
And all these features are offered in more than 60 languages, doing justice to the “World” in World Golf Hall of Fame.
Scrolling down on the main page leads you to the Hall’s Events Calendar, and take note of Saturday, Sept. 28 – Smithsonian Museum Day. You and a friend can visit the Hall for free, just print out tickets here. (Museum Day also covers dozens of other museums and cultural centers in Florida, if you can’t make it to St. Augustine.)
As Gary Player says in the commercials, if you love golf, you have to get to the Hall of Fame. Or at least, now, spend some time on its new website. (And while you're at it, check out our video here from a visit to the Hall.)
- An unlimited golf package is available at Miami's Turnberry Isle. Rates start at $165 per person per night through Sept. 30, with 18 holes on the Miller or Soffer courses per night including cart and forecaddie fees. Greens fees are complimentary for arrival day and replay rounds, you just pick up the $40 cart fee (those rounds cannot be pre-booked). Also included is a daily breakfast buffet for two at Cascata Grill, overnight valet parking, unlimited use of golf practice facilities and 20 percent off merchandise in the pro shop.
- An ‘Endless Summer’ package now available for travel to several Marriott resorts through Oct. 31 – you must book by Sept. 25 – includes a room upgrade (with nightly rates starting at $160) and up to a $100 resort credit per night, which can be used for dining, spa services, on-property retail or golf. Among the properties included are JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes, Marco Island Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa, Orlando World Center Marriott, Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club, Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa and Turnberry Isle Miami. For reservations, visit Marriott.com and enter the promotional code ZX0.
- At Trump National Doral this summer, the room is free with the golf. Play the Gold or Jim McLean Signature Course and resort accommodations are included along with a daily breakfast buffet for two, unlimited warm-up area usage and complimentary bag storage. For the offer, call 866-995-7912 or visit their website here.
- Rosen Hotels’ “Summer Grand Slam of Golf”, available through Sept. 30, allows golfers to mix and match rounds at six top Orlando courses, including Rosen’s flagship Shingle Creek Golf Club. Starting at $264 plus taxes (based on double occupancy), the package includes two nights in a deluxe room at the AAA Four Diamond Rosen Shingle Creek and a round at Shingle Creek Golf Club. Guests then choose two more rounds at Shingle Creek, ChampionsGate’s National or International courses, Orange Lake’s Reserve or Legends courses, or Southern Dunes. Replays are also available on the package for $10 on the day of play, depending on the courses’ availability. For $183, the same three-round package can be had at the Rosen Centre, Rosen Plaza, Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando or Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista. To book the offer, call 866-342-4782 and reference O-SGROS or visit http://golfpac.us/summergrandslam.
- Walt Disney World Resort offers a two-round pass year-round, with savings depending on season. The offer is good at four of the Disney courses: Lake Buena Vista, Magnolia, Osprey Ridge and Palm. Your two rounds should be booked for different days, and you may play the same course twice on the pass. Bookings within 90 days are preferred. For tee times and more, call 407-939-7415.
- Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast and Orlando’s Reunion Resort offer The Legends of Golf Trail Package, covering all nine courses across the three resorts. Pricing starts at $292 per golfer, per night (quad occupancy) for six nights, with added incentives. For more information, call 888-794-8627. Offer valid through Dec. 31.
- PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens has summer deals for children 12 and under, with free breakfast and golf after 2 p.m. for children playing with a paid adult. Also, through Sept. 30, Florida residents enjoy rates starting at $127 per room, per night, plus resort fees and taxes. Check out www.pgaresortsummer.com for more, or visit PGA National's website or call 562-627-2000.
- At Streamsong Resort, south of Lakeland, six- and 12-hole rounds are now available on either of its two courses on any day after 2 p.m. A six-hole round combined with a great dinner at Fifty-Nine, the fine steak and seafood restaurant in the clubhouse, starts at $99. Call the Streamsong golf shop at 863-428-1000 for more information and reservations.
- The Breakers Palm Beach, from now through Oct. 31, has discounted rooms available with daily complimentary benefits including free continental breakfast buffet, kids’ meals and day camps (for ages 3-12) and unlimited fitness classes and use of tennis courts. Golf fees are deeply discounted also, depending on when you’re visiting. From now to Sept. 30, both the Rees Jones and Ocean courses are $65 for 18 or 9 holes. From Oct. 1-31, both are $140/$110 (18/9 holes). Carts are included in all rates. For more information, visit The Breakers website.
- Through the end of the year, The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples has a “Golf Fore You” package that starts at $249 and includes accommodations, one round at Tiburon including cart and tax and a $50 credit per person toward a private lesson at the TOUR Academy. There’s also unlimited same-day play and complimentary TaylorMade club rental. The same package starts at $399 at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, on the Gulf of Mexico. Adding a second golfer increases the savings. For more information, call The Ritz-Carlton at 800-576-5704 or visit ritzcarlton.com/resortsofnaples.
- Through Sept. 30, with a minimum two-night stay, 11 of Greater Fort Lauderdale's finest properties are offering a “Vacation like a VIP” signature package, which includes a room upgrade, $100 resort credit, $25 American Express Gift Card, complimentary resort valet parking, complimentary valet parking at The Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills, along with complimentary glass of Prosecco for two at Villagio Ristorante, and a Summer Savings 2-for-1 card, valued at $200. Among the 11 properties are Bonaventure Resort and Spa in Weston and the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, each of which have golf facilities. For more information about participating resorts and the package, visit the VIP page here on the Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB website. All packages are bookable through the individual resorts’ websites.
- The Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, which hosts the pros every March in the Arnold Palmer Invitational, is offering a "Bucket List" package including a lodge room, full breakfast and choice of a round of golf or spa treatment. Guests also receive a gift upon check-in and an umbrella pin, for $171-$263 per person per night based on double occupancy, plus taxes, with pricing varying with the seasons. For reservations, call 888-422-9445 or visit www.bayhill.com.
- The Villas of Grand Cypress in Orlando is offering a “Tee To Green” all-inclusive package, where one flat rate includes accommodations, unlimited daily play on 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus-designed golf, all meals including room service and on-course hospitality carts, resort fees and other activities. The package starts at $375 per person per night (double occupancy) through September. For more information, call 877-330-7377 or see the website.
- A great place to start if you're looking for Northeast Florida deals is Florida's First Coast of Golf, a not-for-profit that exists to promote all the great golf from Amelia Island to Palm Coast and all points in between. Bookmark their deals page and check it regularly for a variety of stay-and-plays.
- Want to talk more Florida golf? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter.