As I discovered last fall, few golf resorts can match The Ritz-Carlton Naples for luxury and convenience.
The Ritz-Carlton name needs no extra fanfare, known worldwide for flawless service and attention to detail. Its Naples golf property has the added plus of a world-class golf facility right outside the back door.
Greg Norman’s Tiburon Golf Club features two terrific layouts, one of which hosts the Franklin Templeton Shootout every December, a two-man team game featuring some of the PGA TOUR’s best. There’s also a TOUR Academy, the perfect place to learn the game or sharpen some rough edges.
Starting now, and for the rest of the year, these terrific golf opportunities can be had at a discount. The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort’s “Golf Fore You” package starts at $249 and includes overnight accommodations, one round at Tiburon including cart and tax and a $50 credit per person toward a private lesson at the TOUR Academy. There’s also unlimited same-day play and complimentary TaylorMade club rental, if your travels are easier without lugging your golf bag.
The same package starts at $399 at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, just down Vanderbilt Beach Road, right on the Gulf of Mexico. Free shuttles run constantly between the two properties.
Adding a second golfer makes it a “Golf Fore Two” package, with two 18-hole rounds and all the previous amenities. Rates start at $299 at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort and $449 at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. Depending on the package and resort, you can save between 15 and 31 percent off regular rates. And these are all good through Dec. 31, 2013.
For more information or to reserve a package, call The Ritz-Carlton at 800-576-5704 or visit ritzcarlton.com/resortsofnaples.
- From now through Sept. 30, with a minimum two-night stay, 11 of Greater Fort Lauderdale's finest properties are offering a “Vacation like a VIP” signature package, which includes a room upgrade, $100 resort credit, $25 American Express Gift Card, complimentary resort valet parking, complimentary valet parking at The Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills, along with complimentary glass of Prosecco for two at Villagio Ristorante, and a Summer Savings 2-for-1 card, valued at $200. Among the 11 properties are Bonaventure Resort and Spa in Weston and the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, each of which have golf facilities. For more information about participating resorts and the package, visit the VIP page here on the Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB website. All packages are bookable through the individual resorts’ websites.
- The historic Biltmore Golf Course in Coral Gables, built in 1925 by Donald Ross, has a package starting at $354 per night (single or double occupancy), including unlimited play on the course and full use of the practice facility. For more information, visit The Biltmore’s website.
- The Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, which hosts the pros every March in the Arnold Palmer Invitational, is offering a "Bucket List" package including a lodge room, full breakfast and choice of a round of golf or spa treatment. Guests also receive a gift upon check-in and an umbrella pin, for $171-$263 per person per night based on double occupancy, plus taxes, with pricing varying with the seasons. For reservations, call 888-422-9445 or visit www.bayhill.com.
- The Villas of Grand Cypress in Orlando is offering a “Tee To Green” all-inclusive package, where one flat rate includes accommodations, unlimited daily play on 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus-designed golf, all meals including room service and on-course hospitality carts, resort fees and other activities. The package starts at $375 per person per night (double occupancy) through September. For more information, call 877-330-7377 or see the website.
- A good place to start if you're looking for Northeast Florida deals is Florida's First Coast of Golf, a not-for-profit that exists to promote all the great golf from Amelia Island to Palm Coast and all points in between. Bookmark their deals page and check it regularly for a variety of stay-and-plays.