Golf vacations are easy for couples when both play. Book a package and one tee time covers it. Where it can sometimes get murky is when one tees it up and the other doesn’t. You don’t want the non-golfer to feel left out.
That won’t happen at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens, where a “Dual Delights” package takes care of couples. Each day during a stay, a round of golf or a spa treatment is included. So the non-golfer isn’t an afterthought anymore.
From now through the end of the year, starting from $459, couples can get luxury accommodations with a private balcony or terrace, daily breakfast and one round of golf or one spa treatment per person per night.
Of course, PGA National has five outstanding courses including the Champion, home to the PGA Tour’s Honda Classic. (Surcharges apply to the Champion on this package.) The spa is also one of the best in South Florida.
To book or get more information call PGA National at 800-863-2819.
- Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast has room deals through Dec. 19, from $139 for a one-bedroom suite to $269 for a three-bedroom suite in the main tower (two-night minimum is required, resort fees and taxes are extra). For more information, click here or call Hammock Beach Resort at 866-841-0287.
- Sandestin has a“Fall Classic Golf Package” that starts at $123 per person/per night (based on a Bayside three-bedroom unit with two nights and four players) and includes two rounds (one each on the Links and Baytowne courses) with options to add additional rounds. Free replay rounds on the day of play are possible, and a $20 beverage car credit is included per person. The package is valid through Oct. 31. For more information, call 800-622-1038 or book online.
- Walt Disney World Resort offers a two-round pass year-round, with savings depending on season. The offer is good at four of the Disney courses: Lake Buena Vista, Magnolia, Osprey Ridge and Palm. Your two rounds should be booked for different days, and you may play the same course twice on the pass. Bookings within 90 days are preferred. For tee times and more, call 407-939-7415.
- Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast and Orlando’s Reunion Resort offer The Legends of Golf Trail Package, covering all nine courses across the three resorts. Pricing starts at $292 per golfer, per night (quad occupancy) for six nights, with added incentives. For more information, call 888-794-8627. Offer valid through Dec. 31.
- The Breakers Palm Beach, from now through Oct. 31, has discounted rooms available with daily complimentary benefits including free continental breakfast buffet, kids’ meals and day camps (for ages 3-12) and unlimited fitness classes and use of tennis courts. Golf on the Rees Jones and Ocean courses are $140/$110 (18/9 holes). Carts are included in all rates. For more information, visit The Breakers website.
- Through the end of the year, The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples has a “Golf Fore You” package that starts at $249 and includes accommodations, one round at Tiburon including cart and tax and a $50 credit per person toward a private lesson at the TOUR Academy. There’s also unlimited same-day play and complimentary TaylorMade club rental. The same package starts at $399 at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, on the Gulf of Mexico. Adding a second golfer increases the savings. For more information, call The Ritz-Carlton at 800-576-5704 or visit ritzcarlton.com/resortsofnaples.
- A great place to start if you're looking for Northeast Florida deals is Florida's First Coast of Golf, a not-for-profit that exists to promote all the great golf from Amelia Island to Palm Coast and all points in between. Bookmark their deals page and check it regularly for a variety of stay-and-plays.
- Want to talk more Florida golf? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter.