But don’t think there isn’t a way to hit both on one golf trip. Both resorts are part of the Grand Golf Resorts of Florida, and there’s an amazing package tying in all of Innisbrook, Hammock Beach and Orlando’s Reunion Resort (conveniently located in between, off I-4).
The Legends of Golf Trail Package is an amazing opportunity, starting at $292 per golfer, per night (quad occupancy), covering all nine courses across the three renowned resorts.
Innisbrook offers the Copperhead, Island and North and South courses, all designed by Larry Packard. Reunion is the only resort in the world with Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Tom Watson-designed courses all on one property. Hammock Beach offers the Nicklaus-designed Ocean Course and Watson’s Conservatory Course, a few miles inland.
Let the Grand Golf Resorts of Florida put together this package, and it will include:
- Six nights in spacious accommodations, including kitchens and open living spaces
- Nine rounds of golf, which can be used consecutively or broken into separate trips
- Breakfast daily in the resorts’ restaurants
- $20 retail credit per each resort stay
- Advance starting times at time of reservation
- Unlimited use of practice facilities
- Daily one-hour golf clinic
- Club storage and locker room service
- Unlimited access to each resort’s fitness centers
For more information on one of Florida’s great golf vacation opportunities, call 888-794-8627. Offer valid through Dec. 31.
- PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens has summer deals for children 12 and under, with free breakfast and golf after 2 p.m. for children playing with a paid adult. Also, through Sept. 30, Florida residents enjoy rates starting at $127 per room, per night, plus resort fees and taxes. Check out www.pgaresortsummer.com for more, or visit PGA National's website or call 562-627-2000.
- At Streamsong Resort, south of Lakeland, six- and 12-hole rounds are now available on either of its two courses on any day after 2 p.m. A six-hole round combined with a great dinner at Fifty-Nine, the fine steak and seafood restaurant in the clubhouse, starts at $99. Call the Streamsong golf shop at 863-428-1000 for more information and reservations.
- The Breakers Palm Beach, from now through Oct. 31, has discounted rooms available with daily complimentary benefits including free continental breakfast buffet, kids’ meals and day camps (for ages 3-12) and unlimited fitness classes and use of tennis courts. Golf fees are deeply discounted also, depending on when you’re visiting. From June 5-30, both the Rees Jones and Ocean courses are $135 for 18 holes and $100 for nine holes. From July 1-Sept. 30, both are $65 for 18 or 9. From Oct. 1-31, both are $140/$110 (18/9 holes). Carts are included in all rates. For more information, visit The Breakers website.
- Through the end of the year, The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples has a “Golf Fore You” package that starts at $249 and includes accommodations, one round at Tiburon including cart and tax and a $50 credit per person toward a private lesson at the TOUR Academy. There’s also unlimited same-day play and complimentary TaylorMade club rental. The same package starts at $399 at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, on the Gulf of Mexico. Adding a second golfer increases the savings. For more information, call The Ritz-Carlton at 800-576-5704 or visit ritzcarlton.com/resortsofnaples.
- Through Sept. 30, with a minimum two-night stay, 11 of Greater Fort Lauderdale's finest properties are offering a “Vacation like a VIP” signature package, which includes a room upgrade, $100 resort credit, $25 American Express Gift Card, complimentary resort valet parking, complimentary valet parking at The Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills, along with complimentary glass of Prosecco for two at Villagio Ristorante, and a Summer Savings 2-for-1 card, valued at $200. Among the 11 properties are Bonaventure Resort and Spa in Weston and the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, each of which have golf facilities. For more information about participating resorts and the package, visit the VIP page here on the Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB website. All packages are bookable through the individual resorts’ websites.
- The Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, which hosts the pros every March in the Arnold Palmer Invitational, is offering a "Bucket List" package including a lodge room, full breakfast and choice of a round of golf or spa treatment. Guests also receive a gift upon check-in and an umbrella pin, for $171-$263 per person per night based on double occupancy, plus taxes, with pricing varying with the seasons. For reservations, call 888-422-9445 or visit www.bayhill.com.
- The Villas of Grand Cypress in Orlando is offering a “Tee To Green” all-inclusive package, where one flat rate includes accommodations, unlimited daily play on 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus-designed golf, all meals including room service and on-course hospitality carts, resort fees and other activities. The package starts at $375 per person per night (double occupancy) through September. For more information, call 877-330-7377 or see the website.
- A good place to start if you're looking for Northeast Florida deals is Florida's First Coast of Golf, a not-for-profit that exists to promote all the great golf from Amelia Island to Palm Coast and all points in between. Bookmark their deals page and check it regularly for a variety of stay-and-plays.
- Want to talk more Florida golf? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter.