The Bay Hill Club and Lodge’s “Bucket List Golf Package” is truth in advertising.
There are more than 100 great golf options in the Orlando area, but only one that Mr. Arnold Palmer – The King – calls home. As I found in a recent visit, the living legend’s personality shines through at every turn. Bay Hill is pure class, without pretentiousness.
And, oh yeah, the golf course is as good and hard as any you’ll find. Just ask the pros who play every March in the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
Anyone can play there, and Bay Hill wants to help make that happen with its “Bucket List” package, which includes a lodge room, full breakfast and choice of a round of golf or spa treatment (guess which one we lean toward). Guests also receive a gift upon check-in and an umbrella pin, the symbol of Mr. Palmer’s brand around the world. All this is for $171-$263 per person per night based on double occupancy, plus taxes, with pricing varying with the seasons.
For reservations, call 888-422-9445 or visit www.bayhill.com. And cross Bay Hill off your Bucket List.
- The Inn on Fifth in Naples is partnering with TPC Treviso Bay for a seasonal “Links on Fifth” golf package through the end of April. Starting at $399 per night with tax and gratuity included, the package includes two-night accommodations at the Inn on Fifth, one round for two with cart at TPC Treviso Bay and lunch at McCabe’s Irish Pub & Grill. For more information, visit www.innonfifth.com or call 888-403-8778.
- The Villas of Grand Cypress in Orlando is offering a “Tee To Green” all-inclusive package, where one flat rate includes accommodations, unlimited daily play on 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus-designed golf, all meals including room service and on-course hospitality carts, resort fees and other activities. The package starts at $515 per person per night (double occupancy) through April, and then is priced from $375 through September. For more information, call 877-330-7377 or see the website.
- Mission Inn in Howey-in-the-Hills is offering an unlimited golf special through April 30. For $229 per person per night (double occupancy) for two nights, the all-inclusive package includes unlimited rounds, daily breakfast buffet, a Mission Inn towel, range balls, club storage and all gratuities and taxes. For more information, call 800-874-9053 or visit their website.
- The Renaissance World Golf Village Resort and Beach Club in St. Augustine has a “Fore the Ladies" package starting at $329 per room, per night (double occupancy) through April 30. the package includes one round of golf at Slammer & Squire or King & Bear, one spa treatment at the elegant Spa Laterra (choose a Swedish massage, luxury facial or mani/pedi), complimentary transportation and access at the private oceanfront Serenata Beach Club, and daily breakfast. For reservations or more information, call 888-740-7020 or visit here.
- A good place to start if you're looking for Northeast Florida deals is Florida's First Coast of Golf, a not-for-profit that exists to promote all the great golf from Amelia Island to Palm Coast and all points in between. Bookmark their deals page and check it regularly for a variety of stay-and-plays.