Wait until you try this treatment! You'll love it.
The Raindrop Experience at mySpa at the InterContinental Miami is an 80-minute treatment that includes a deeply relaxing full body massage and an aromatherapy ritual.
My therapist, Bobbi Nino, took seven essential oils, each with their own unique benefit, and drizzled them along the spine. It was heavenly.
The oils include:
- Basil: to stimulate blood circulation
- Thyme: to reduce muscle tension
- Wintergreen: to relieve joint problems
- Cypress: to detoxify
- Marjoram: to calm anxiety
- Clary Sage: to lift the spirit
- Peppermint: to relieve pain
Bobbi used a number of techniques during the treatment, including warm stones, reflexology, Thai stretching and traditional Swedish massage. The entire process is meant to stimulate the body’s natural healing process through the central nervous system.
I felt rejuvinated and refreshed after the experience.
Here are a few tips from spa directors, Brandon Materre and Corey Davis:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early to enjoy the steam and sauna and to relax the muscles for the massage and begin the detoxification process.
- Enjoy a small meal prior to the massage, but nothing too heavy.
- Consider enhancing the massage experience with a body wrap to further assist in relieving muscle tension.
- Drink plenty of water after the massage and schedule relaxing, low energy events.
If you go: The Raindrop Experience starts at $185. Visit mySpa at the InterContinental Miami online or call (305) 372-4444.