Leave it to The Ritz-Carlton to always come up with adventurous and delicious dining experiences.
You may remember my real, live camel encounter at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove's Indian pop up restaurant? Well, The Ritz-Carlton South Beach is upping the ante and taking the luxury dining experience to a whole new level -- out on the ocean.
We all love Florida seafood, but imagine this:
Check into the fabulous Ritz-Carlton property on South Beach, located right smack dab on the brightest, whitest stretch of sand you've seen in America. Take a moment to admire your panoramic ocean view, but then it's time to embark on an adventure on the high seas.
You'll board the whopping 65-foot Viking Fishing Yacht, equipped with tournament grade fishing equipment and all kinds of tackle for kite fishing, trolling, wreck fishing and reef fishing.
Out on the boat, you'll battle all kinds of sea creatures -- everything from giant tuna to eight-legged octopus.
Okay, okay, we can't promise you'll catch an octopus, but would you settle for a mahi mahi or grouper?
As you celebrate your catch with a toast, the crew will clean and filet your fish, then deliver it back to the hotel.
Freshest Florida Seafood
Now feast on a delectable dinner featuring your fresh catches, prepared to your liking by a Ritz-Carlton chef.
A whiz in the kitchen, Chef Jorge Ramos can whip up your seafood any way you like it.
Here's what I sampled and would recommend:
- Tuna Tartar: drenched in tomato salsa vinaigrette with avocado and topped with lemon froth
- Mahi: made with watermelon, goat cheese snow, pickled carrots, Florida native lager vinaigrette and topped with potato “flakes"
- “Pulpo” a la Plancha: octopus in an ajo blanco soup with pumpkin chutney, serrano chips and micro leeks
- Fish & Chips: monk in the trunk beer battered grouper in piquant tarter sauce with a squeeze of lemon
- Blueberry Gateau: corn bread crumble dessert with frangelico gelato, blueberries and candied hazelnuts
Book Your Catch of the Stay Package:
- Package A (Fishing Charter for 4 hours) $5720
- Package B (Fishing Charter for 6 hours) $6580
- Package C (Fishing Charter for 8 hours) $7760
If You Go: To reserve the package or for more information call (786) 276-4000. Check out more info about The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach online.