You know what I love about Captiva Island?
It's a place you can go to escape the daily grind and to breathe in the soothing ocean air.
There are no dress codes. A swimsuit and flip flops will suit you just fine.
It's the perfect place to hang out with family, lounge at the beach and explore the unique island village.
Captiva Island is home to artists, writers and creative types. And the people are so genuine. It's like they've tapped into a sense of island contentment that's contagious wherever you go.
On my lastest trip to the island, we captured some of that Captiva Island charm and interviewed a few locals for a VISIT FLORIDA travel video.
Here are a few highlights of my trip:
- Spending time with my husband, brother -in-law, sister-in-law and my niece on a gorgeous island paradise
- Swapping stories with John Jensen over at Jensen's Marina
- Hanging out with two lovely ladies from Royal Shell Vacations, Denice Beggs and Barbara Harrington, at the Mucky Duck
- Dining on delicious mahi-mahi at the brand new Doc Ford's in North Chadwick Square
- Watching the sunset on the top deck of a gorgeous home called "Captured" -- where you never ever want to leave