Dolphins, kayaks, sophisticated shopping, a pristine park and fish flinging all have something in common. Really.
While making the link between shopping for designer duds and trying to heave a mullet may seem mystifying, you can quit scratching your head. Their shared trait is simple: I’m going to highlight them all in videos in the coming weeks.
The Florida fun will include:
- Getting the paddling we deserve on Amelia Island, in the northeast corner of the state. We’ll kayak the salt marsh and explore the Kingsley Plantation on a guided tour.
- Making waves on Fort Myers Beach in southwest Florida. We’re going to enjoy a dolphin eco-tour via wave-runner, a ride that features both thrills and quiet, peaceful interactions with nature.
- Exploring Fort Pierce Inlet State Park in central east Florida. We’ll discover the park and highlight its amenities, like fishing, surfing, snorkeling, biking and canoeing.
- Playing in Delray Beach. We’ll share the shopping, art, nightlife and dining you can find in this charming, laid-back village, as well as its lovely beach and area adventures like sailing, snorkeling and turtle walks.
- Flinging fish on Perdido Key, at the northwest tip of Florida. We’ll take part in a unique Florida celebration known as Interstate Mullet Toss and Gulf Coast’s Greatest Beach Party, which involves tossing mullet -- a fish said to possess mystical properties -- at a target.
Stay tuned to discover which ones twirl your beach towel!