As comedian Robin Williams put it, "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'"
Spring technically begins March 20, and Florida offers plenty of ways to get festive without breaking the bank. Here are five low-cost ways to celebrate the season.
1) April 5-7, Jacksonvile Beach's Springing the Blues Festival will have you singing a happy tune; admission to the waterfront event is free.
2) On April 6, attend Springtime Tallahassee, the annual festival that includes a parade, free concerts, vendors and more.
3) You can't go wrong with a spring training game, where Major League baseball comes with only a minor pricetag.
4) Rack up good karma, and possibly even a discount on accommodations, when you sign on for a volunteer vacation at KeysVoluntourism.com.
5) Book a day of free fun during the Amelia Island Book Festival, happening April 27 at the Atlantic Recreation Center.
For more fun things to do this spring, check out the VISIT FLORIDA events page.