Being from Ohio, it took me a while to equate winter with baseball. But while the rest of the country waits to thaw out, Florida welcomes the boys of summer for spring training.
The season kicks off in late February, making now a great time to snap up tickets for favorite Major League Baseball teams at less-than-major prices. (Last year, Hubby and I caught a Yankees game for less than the cost of dinner and a movie.)
Here's a list of teams that train in Florida.
- Atlanta Braves: Kissimmee
- Baltimore Orioles: Sarasota
- Boston Red Sox: Fort Myers
- Detroit Tigers: Lakeland
- Houston Astros: Kissimmee
- Miami Marlins: Jupiter
- Minnesota Twins: Fort Myers
- New York Mets: Port St. Lucie
- New York Yankees: Tampa
- Philadelphia Phillies: Clearwater
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Bradenton
- St. Louis Cardinals: Jupiter
- Tampa Bay Rays: Port Charlotte
- Toronto Blue Jays: Dunedin
- Washington Nationals: Viera (near Melbourne)
For schedules and tickets, check FloridaGrapefruitLeague.com.