Can't get enough chocolate? If so, then I have a remedy for you: The Festival of Chocolate.
This event, one of the top ten chocolate festivals in the United States, includes the area's best chocolate and confection companies selling everything chocolate from truffles, cakes, crepes and cupcakes to cookies, brownies and gelato.
Even be a few savory items made with chocolate will be on hand, including chocolate BBQ sauce, seasonings, coffee, wines and meat rubs.
Here's a little taste of what you have to look forward to during the sweetest weekend In South Florida:
- Award-winning pastry chefs and chocolatiers hosting interactive demonstrations
- Cocoa Couture Fashion Show featuring hand-crafted garments made of chocolate wrappers
- Chocolate charm bracelet bar
- Kids can catapult marshmallows into hot chocolate, Willie Wonka style.
- Brownie Bingo... where you eat the playing pieces
- Chocolate University taught by chocolate masters
- Wine and Chocolate pairings
- A “Double-Dare You” of unusual items dipped in chocolate
- Cake-decorating competitions
- Cookie stacking contests
Sounds delicious, doesn't it? Here's more information to help you plan your weekend.
WHERE: Nova Southeastern University Arena, Fort Lauderdale, FL
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 13, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., and Sunday, Oct. 14, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
COST: $12 for adults and $8 for children, with special incentives for those who purchase in advance.
MORE INFO: www.FestivalofChocolate.com