Orlando is one of the most popular destinations to visit in America, receiving more than 55 million visitors each year, not to mention one of my favourite spots to visit in Florida.
The city has almost 500 hotels and 113,000 guestrooms offering more lodging than nearly any destination in the world, as well as over 95 attractions and 5,180 restaurants. If I were to attempt the mammoth task of visiting all of Orlando’s attractions it would take approximately 67 eight-hour days!
To make your trip to Orlando stress-free, Visit Orlando has created a brand new website: Orlando Holiday Planning Tool which assists in researching and planning your holiday by providing handy tips on the best times to go, getting there, how to get around, where to stay and most importantly what to do.
I’ve included some short and sweet tips to get you started for booking your holiday to Orlando next year.
1) Book Early: The early bird catches the cheap holiday! The busiest months are from the end of May until the middle of August but no matter when you choose to visit, it’s better to book early for the best choice of flights and accommodation.
2) Getting Around: Americans absolutely love to drive and Orlando is much easier to navigate with a car. A tour operator can hire a car or even include that in their package. However, many of the hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to the theme parks.
3) Theme Park Tickets: Always purchase theme park and attraction tickets before leaving home, as travel agencies offer the best deals.
4) Extra Perks at the Parks: If planning a theme park visit, staying at a hotel on property has advantages such as early admission and extended hours; complimentary transportation; front-of-the-line access and special discounts (offers vary based on the theme park property).
5) Hit the Shops: Save space in your suitcases as Orlando is one
of the top five shopping destinations in America, there are many
bargains to be had at the outlets and top quality merchandise at the
local malls and boutiques.
6) Eating Out: Pay attention to three magic words, “Kids Eat
Free.” Many restaurants have special offers where children dine free
with a paying adult. The theme parks all offer special dining packages
7) Extra Savings at Attractions: Take advantage of destination-
wide savings by downloading a free Orlando Magicard, offering
discounts on everything from attractions, shops and restaurants to
spas, golf courses and cultural arts venues.
8) Before You Go: Remember to complete an ESTA form at least
72 hours before travelling.
The Orlando Holiday Planning Tool promises to make all your holiday dreams come true…!