It's "Where to Shop Wednesday," and this week, the spotlight is on Shell Lumber & Hardware. A local institution in Miami for more than 20 years, this locally owned business was featured in an American Express commercial. (watch above!) So what is Shell and why is it so popular?
- The bright yellow building that houses Shell has a fun vibe to it – that's not something you can usually say about a lumber store!
- The hardware store has more than 22,000 items. It is a sight to see – the unique layout of the building is fun to wander and they seem to have an endless supply of just about everything.
- The lumberyard is a full-service lumberyard that stocks everything from concrete and rebar, molding, plywood, hardwoods and softwoods.
- They have a full-service mill shop on location with three professional carpenters on staff.
- They provide services such as locksmith, glass cutting, paint mixing, notary services and much more.
My favorite part of Shell? It's gotta be the free popcorn and coffee inside, and the free snow cones outside! They also have a stand that sells hot dogs and other grill food. The atmosphere of Shell is almost of that of a family BBQ on the weekends. You can tell you are somewhere special, and it's no surprise that this local legend is thriving in South Miami. Want to check it out? Details below and visit their website here.
Shell Lumber & Hardware
2733 S.W. 27th Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
Monday through Saturday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.