For years, I'd driven past Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. Nestled on the shores of Tampa Bay, near Clearwater, its stately appearance had drawn me in as a duck takes to water.
But with its nearly century-old reputation as the Central Florida retreat "where healing waters flow," I'd always assumed a stay at the resort and a dip in its spa's natural mineral springs would put me in too deep, financially speaking.
Still, I recently decided to test the waters with an overnight stay. As it turns out, the resort offers a handful of ongoing deals that'll make a splash with visitors even on a modest budget. Two of the most popular packages are:
1) The all-inclusive getaway package: Starting at $85, the package includes:
- Two meals daily from a select dinner menu.
- Unlimited beverages.
- Your choice of a 25-minute facial, massage, herbal wrap or aroma therapy mineral bath.
2) Spa day passes: For $35, buy a day pass that gives you access to the following:
- Three pools.
- Daily fitness classes, including spinning, yoga, tai chi, water aerobics and more.
- Cardio and weight training rooms.
- Steam room, sauna and whirlpools.
- Wellness and nutrition lectures.
- Locker rooms.
Day passes are a great option for locals. To round out your mini-getaway, call to schedule a resort tour or stop by for Sunday brunch. For a full list of spa deals, check out the resort's spa packages page.
To dive into these all deals, call 727-726-1161 or go to SafetyHarborSpa.com.