It's Where to Shop Wednesday and this week the spotlight is on the Key West Toy Factory in Key West! I was lucky enough to stumble upon this amazing store on my recent trip to the island. Check out the pictures to see for yourself what a cool ambiance this store has created. Located on the top floor of the nicely air-conditioned Clinton Square Market, a shopping plaza located at 291 Front Street, the store looks just like a jungle inside! It's not just the decor though; the toys are the real attraction here. Things like:
- Marshmallow crossbows (enough said).
- All natural Spa Lab and Perfume Science Kits (science kits for girls).
- Sock monkeys.
- Lego and Cobi blocks.
- Magic and gag toys.
- Musical instruments such as wood flutes, steel drums and accordions.
- Create A Critter station where children can create their own stuffed animal. Comes with a Key West Toy Factory T-shirt for your critter.
- Key West exclusives such as the Dolphin Whistle, invented in Key West by artist and musician Steve Allerton.
Also, if you are lucky, you will have a chance to meet Izzy, the stores kinkajou (also known as a honey bear) – she is adorable! Have your photo taken with Izzy, or you can even buy the Izzy plush doll as a memento.
Be sure to check out this adorable store the next time you are in town, and for more information, visit the Key West Toy Factory website here.
The Clinton Square Market
291 Front Street
Key West, FL 33040
Open 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Daily