Here's a budget-friendly primer on where to eat, play and shop near the Amway Center. (For hotel suggestions, check out my earlier blog post 6 Places to Stay Near the Amway Center in Downtown Orlando.)
- Amura: This Japanese eatery holds the Zagat title of Orlando's best sushi.
- Ceviche: This tapas bar and restaurant features live flamenco music.
- Mojo: Mardi Gras may be over, but you can get your Cajun food fix anytime at this bar and grill.
- Hamburger Mary's: Filling food with a cheeky theme. The sweet potato fries are my favs.
- The Dessert Lady: Why didn't I think to call dibs on this URL? If your sweet tooth is as insatiable as mine, then save plenty of room for this sweet spot.
- Zilly Bee Cafe: Formerly the Breakfast Club, this breakfast and lunch eatery is my new favorite weekend morning haunt. Bring your BFF for great conversation, or grab a beverage from the coffee bar, settle in with your laptop and take advantage of the free Wi-Fi.
- Dickson Azalea Park: The lush greenery of this historic park will have you feeling like you're walking through a poem.
- Lake Eola Park: Downtown Orlando's iconic park is an affordable place to spend a blissful afternoon or evening. Stay tuned for more on this in a future blog post.
- The Spa of Thornton Park: After a night on your feet, screaming for the Magic, rejuvenate with a massage. Packages are available.
- Eo Inn and Spa: Even if you don't stay at this boutique hotel, spend a few hours relaxing with a spa treatment and gorgeous downtown views.
- Marie-France Boutique: Don't let the word "France" throw you off; the clothing and accessories here only look expensive. So treat yourself to a moderately priced pair of earrings or new shoes.
- Zou Zou Boutique: The designer duds here are a bit of a splurge, but if you're looking to shop for unique pieces in a beautiful atmosphere, then this is your place.
- Mother Falcon Clothing: What's more affordable than a T-shirt? Design a custom tee to commemorate your fun weekend in Orlando.