Whether you're heading to All-Star Game, taking in a regular-season Magic basketball game, concert or other special event, you'll need someplace to rest your head after all the excitement.
Here are my picks for accommodations near the Amway:
1) Sheraton Orlando Downtown: Situated less than a mile from the Amway Center, this hotel is your closest budget-friendly bet.
2) Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown: Don't let the humdrum exterior fool you. The guest rooms are surprisingly nice! King suites have a kitchen, so you can stock up on groceries at the downtown Publix supermarket and save a few bucks on eating out. And on Magic game nights, there's a free shuttle to transport you between the hotel and the Amway. Check out the hotel's packages here.
3) Embassy Suites By Hilton Orlando Downtown: An affordable option that's gotten good reviews.
4) Doubletree by Hilton: Another comfy-yet-budget-friendly choice.
5) Courtyard at Lake Lucerne: Yes, Virginia, there is a B&B in downtown Orlando.
6) Grand Bohemian Hotel: This one's definitely a splurge, but sometimes you get what you pay for. When Hubby treated me to a stay at this posh hotel for my birthday a few years back, I felt like a queen. Even if you opt to stay elsewhere, swing through to check out the ground-floor art gallery.