Check out this list of reasons you’ll fall head over heels for Lovers Key State Park’s Great Outdoor Adventure Day, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Dec. 8, 2012, at the Kayak Launch /Picnic Area of the Park.
- Discover a pristine park. Lovers Key State Park (8700 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, Fla., 33931, phone 239-463-4588) boasts a two-mile white-sand beach strewn with shells, plus unspoiled marshes and over five miles of multi-use trails.
- See wildlife. The islands and waters the Park encompasses are a haven for manatees, dolphins, roseate spoonbills, marsh rabbits and bald eagles.
Enjoy food, music and fun.
Plunge your fingers into touch tanks.
- Have a happy family. Children’s activities will keep your little ones smiling.
- Get the paddling you deserve. Local kayak and paddleboard vendors will be offering on-water demos.
- Learn something. Rangers and volunteers will be offering information and an opportunity to see the park through guided kayak tours, walking nature tours, Black Island bike tours (bikes and helmets provided), geocaching, and fishing clinics.
- Explore the exhibits. Exhibitors include local environmental organizations, as well as outdoor equipment and healthy lifestyle vendors.
- Be frugal. The event won’t leave your wallet wailing. It’s free with regular park entrance of $8 per vehicle of up to eight people, $4 for a single occupant and $2 per pedestrian or cyclist. Guided kayak tours will be $10 per person, with kayak rental included.