It’s as sad as a surfer without a swell.
I’ll bet my beach towel you haven’t been to this beach, and that means you’re missing out, because it’s as sweet as springtime sunshine. As the ultimate sand-snob, I would advise you from the bottom of my beach bag to check out Windmark Beach, one of my most beloved Sunshine State seashores.
This oh-so-unknown gem is snuggled close to the incredibly clear, calm, emerald tinted waters of the Gulf of Mexico, between Port St. Joe and Mexico Beach in Northwest Florida. It boasts the whitest sand I’ve ever seen, abundant nature, and soul-soothing solitude.
I said it’s peaceful, not boring! While in Port St. Joe, you should:
- Scoop up some scallops. No, not off of your dinner plate – I’m talking about snagging the live critters right out of St. Joseph’s Bay.
- Hook into some fishing fun. The area is renowned for its hungry underwater populations.
- Splash over to Cape San Blas for a horseback ride on the beach with Two-Bit Stable.
- Explore pristine St. Joseph Bay via kayak or canoe with Happy Ours.
- Feast at Provisions, a hidden gem in Port St. Joe that will leave your tummy smiling.
- Enjoy a beverage with the friendly folks at the Thirsty Goat.
- Snooze at the historic Port Inn. It features comfy beds, an abundance of soft pillows to snuggle and a free, sumptuous breakfast.
- Repeat until your soul is soothed…