Grab the beach blanket! Pick up ice for the cooler! Grab some fresh fruit and head to the weekly Pier Park Concerts in Panama City Beach!
Summertime means this annual entertainment series is in full swing. Bring your own blanket or beach chair for these wonderful, family and Fido-friendly concerts at the Aaron Bessant Amphitheater.
The music begins every Thursday evening at 7 p.m. and lasts until about 9 p.m. It's wonderful that pets on a leash are permitted, as are small coolers.
Here's the line-up for the rest of the summer:
- June 23 – Boukou Groove, a funk, R&B, jazz, blues & rock sound
- June 30 – Lee Griffin Band, classic jazz & blues organ combo
- July 7– Heritage, bringing good vibes to your soul
- July 14 – Heartbeat City, upbeat 70s and 80s pop-style sounds
- July 21– The Kevin Jacobs Band featuring Terry Brock in rock 'n' roll
- July 28 – Eric Lindell, New Orleans style jazz
- Aug. 4– Bonerama, Orleans brass funk rock, and
- Aug. 11– Eric Heatherly, easy listening.
Best of all, starting July 1 you can get to the concerts on the free Beach Bus, which will be in operation from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. through Labor Day! Panama City Beach's free service runs continuously along the shore.
Talk about user-friendly transit! You can hail the buses with a wave of the hand – from anywhere on the route. For more details, read this information.
Enjoy the harmony and beach breezes!