Need a smile?
Want to see some in-air footage of hang gliding? Check out this video of me taking VISIT FLORIDA Sports Insider Sam Jordan for a flight.
How Tandem Hang Gliding Works
- You’ll be paired with a highly qualified, USHGPA-certified tandem instructor.
- You and your instructor will climb into harnesses, and be attached together as well as hooked into the glider.
- A light sport airplane will tow you up to the desired altitude.
- You’ll fly back down. Your flight can be a peaceful, spectacular sight-seeing tour, a flying lesson, or a wilder flight with steep turns and stalls. You can easily talk to your instructor while you fly, so if you want to ask questions or do something differently, you can.
- There’s no running involved. Quest Air’s tandem hang gliders have heavy-duty landing gear, so your take off and landing will be on wheels.
- You don’t need strength or fitness to tandem hang glide, and almost anyone with a desire can fly, but some restrictions apply.
Of course you can do it, too!
You can enjoy a tandem hang gliding flight at Quest Air Hang Gliding in Groveland, The Florida Ridge near Clewiston, Wallaby Ranch in Davenport, or Paradise Hang Gliding in Bonita Springs. If you’d feel better soaring in a plane, check out Seminole Glider Port near Clermont.