Located north of Boca Raton, Delray Beach offers an abundance of shopping, dining, indoor and outdoor recreational activities and night life. But did you know that Delray Beach also takes care of its four-pawed companions? Here's a list of some pet-friendly places that welcome your favorite traveling buddy.
Delray Beach Pet-Friendly Tidbits:
- Salotto Ristorante Siciliano offers a dish of water to your pet, while you take advantage of the restaurant's outdoor dining.
- Blush Salon in Pineapple Grove allows friendly dogs to accompany their owners.
- Lemongrass restaurant allows dogs along the sidewalk to enjoy the ambiance. Usually a bowl of ice water is brought out with a slice of lemon wedge.
- Dada's is a great dog-friendly restaurant. Rodney Mayo, the original owner, is a major animal advocate and has assisted in fostering rescue dogs and donating to rescue events.
- Kilwins allows dogs in their outdoor seating area.
- Docs allows pups to chill out while their owners enjoy some old-fashioned American grub.
- Nature's Way permits dogs on their sidewalk seating area.
- Escentials Apothecaries is a lovely small store that welcomes any size dog.
- The Colony Hotel, Marriott Residence and Cranes Beach House all invite doggy guests. The Colony and Residence also accommodate cats.
- The Coffee District has outdoor seating allowing pet companions.
- Pineapple Grove Post Office allows well-behaved dogs.
- Blue Anchor includes an dog-friendly outdoor picnic area.
- Delray Marina has dog and bag stations available.
- Coldwell Banker on East Atlantic always has an outdoor water bowl available.
- The entire Beach walk west of the Delray Beach is dog-friendly and has waste stations from north end to south end.
- Pizza Rustica and Ben & Jerry's both allow pets to hang out with their humans along the sidewalk seating area.
- Kismet Consignment in Pineapple Grove lets dogs come inside while you shop for recycled clothing.
These pet-friendly tips were brought to you by McCall Credle Rosenthal, author of the best selling Florida history book, Images of America: Delray Beach. McCall serves on the marketing committee of The Destination Delray Beach Task Force and the Advisory Board of the Delray Beach Historical Society.