OK, my tree is up, I'm sipping hot chocolate, and I'm actually seeking out Christmas songs on the radio. Bring on the holidays! Everyone usually has at least one sports fan on their list, so with that in mind, I've compiled a list of my own to help you find a gift for that guy or girl who's been nice. Now if they've been naughty, I say get 'em season tickets to the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Top 5 Gifts for the Florida Sports Fan
5. Hot Team Gear - We start off with an easy one. With so many teams in Florida, even if your guy or girl lives in Alaska, they're sure to like at least one Sunshine State squad. How about a LeBron James jersey, or a hat like new Gators football coach Will Muschamp will wear? Or what about a funky little Rays purse for her?
4. Warm Spring Baseball - Imagine the gleam of joy in his or her eyes when they open up the shiny little box to find not boring old jewelery, but crisp tickets to their favorite team's Spring Training! 15 MLB teams call Florida home from February to April, and there's no better cure for the winter blues than a trip to Florida in March.
3. Indoor Water Surfing - So the surfer on your list is like, totally bummed and stuff because it's like, 42 degrees out and that's like, so bogus for catching waves. Have no fear! A session at Fantasy Surf in Kissimmee will let them ride the waves in climate-controlled comfort. They'll be stoked. Totally.
2. Outdoor Air Surfing - I guarantee you, they've never seen Florida like this. I recently took to the skies at Quest Air Hang Gliding in Groveland, FL, just west of Orlando, and left with a whole new perspective on the sky, birds, and how many lakes there are in Central Florida! Get them a tandem ride with a skilled instructor and they'll never forget it.
1. The Hottest Ticket Around - What says "I care" more than a pair of tickets to see the Miami Heat? Even if their misguided souls favor franchises like the Knicks, Lakers or Celtics, no one will turn down a chance to see King James and Dwyane Wade execute a real-time highlight reel. Find them here.
OK, I gotta get back to "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas". Happy shopping, and Happy Holidays!