Prepare to stick your neck out and come out of your shell, because the Sea Turtle Festival is swimming into the St. Johns County Pier and Pavilion in St. Augustine from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sat., April 17, 2010. This annual festival is hosted by the Keepers of the Coast welcoming the return of the sea turtles.
- Enjoy games.
- Explore the Education Station.
- Win a prize in the “Passport Challenge” – if you’re lucky, that is!
- Boogie down to tunes from the Saltwater Cowgirls and Aslyn and the Naysayers.
- Learn about lighting and how it impacts sea turtles.
- Examine an Excluder. I’m as serious as a stingray---you can see what a Turtle Excluder Device looks like.
- Scope out sea turtle and marine related education tables.
- See a sea turtle slide show.
- Snag a memento and have your photo taken with a sea turtle character.
- Shop for marine related arts and crafts from local artisans.
Fill up on great fare provided by Purple Olive.