Everyone knows Orlando is overflowing with fun, but here’s a list of cool pools and water parks that’ll have your family swimming, sliding, floating and basking in fantastic memories (for more details, go to VisitOrlando.com):
Soak in the fun at Orlando's popular water parks and family-friendly pools.
1. Aquatica®, SeaWorld’s Water Park – With names like Walhalla Wave & HooRoo Run, you know it’s fun! The water’s always perfect thanks to a climate-controlled temperature system. And wait ‘til you see the beach. The newest addition, Omaka Rocka, will take you nearly vertical.
2. Coco Key Water Resort – This may be the new kid on the block, but it’s making a huge splash. Imagine a 54,000-square-foot canopy-covered and outdoor water park with 14 slides and separate pool areas for everyone from toddlers to teens.
3. Disney’s Blizzard Beach – Snow-capped mountains in Orlando? And they’re a scream – literally! Take the chairlift to Mount Gushmore and, if you’re a thrill-seeker, look no further than Summit Plummet. You’ll drop 12 stories, going 50-60 mph! This is one exhilarating water park with a very cool theme.
4. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon – What a great place to get shipwrecked! Lazy rivers, the world’s largest wave pool, a real sand beach and five-story water slides … and you can even snorkel with sharks. Did we mention it’s 56 acres BIG?
5. Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress – With 12 waterfalls, two waterslides and a gorgeous swim-through grotto, this half-acre, 800,000-gallon pool complex is completely off the nautical charts.
6. Grande Lakes JW Marriott Resort – Get lost in the tropics amidst flora and fauna in the 672,000-gallon winding lazy river that encircles the resort. Bring your own tube or purchase one on site (and take it home)!
7. Marriott World Center Resort – It’s a lagoon! It’s a pool! It’s a tropical paradise! We’re talking more than a million gallons of liquid refreshment with waterfalls and a waterslide that’s 106 feet long! The resort also has two kids’ pools, three outdoor pools, an indoor pool and six whirlpools.
8. Universal Orlando Resort – With three on-site resorts, all with holy-WOW pools, it might be hard to decide – but listen to this: You won’t miss a beat at the Hard Rock Hotel because its 12,000-square-foot pool has underwater speakers, a sandy beach and a 260-foot pool slide. Rock on!
9. Wet ‘n Wild – Rated America’s No. 1 water park by Amusement Business Magazine, it’s 30 acres of slides, flumes, corkscrews, tubes … you can even knee-ski (or learn how)! There’s an entire area just for the younger crowd with easier slides and rides. It’s the grand daddy of water parks.
10. Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa – Ahoy, mates! This is one crazy pirate ship marooned at the zero-entry end of a heated pool. Climb aboard this life-size vessel, if you dare, and slide in the dark. Squirting cannons add to the fun.
11. Liki Tiki Village – Your kids will love you. And you’ll love the fact that you won’t have to leave the resort for anything. The pool area features a big corkscrew slide, two gentle slides, a wave pool, an erupting volcano and a toddler area with a squirting octopus.
12. Nickelodeon Suites Resort – Kids will have the “slime of their life” at this made-for-extreme-fun pool complex. With corkscrew slides, NickÒ characters and über-colorful everything, this place offers four stories of interactive water fun.
For more information or to plan a vacation to the Orlando area, go to Visit Orlando's website at visitorlando.com.
Sponsored listings by VISIT FLORIDA Partners